Friday, 21 September 2012

Induction Assignment


Induction Assignment:

DPS/Article

This is my first article and DPS that i've created.



My first induction evaluation on my induction
Magazine Evaluation

a)      Your research skills- strengths and weaknesses

My research wasn’t the best, as I didn’t consume enough time and effort. I researched briefly into what I needed to take in and consider for my design and article. However when I did research even though it wasn’t as thorough I managed to collect enough information of high quality to put into my article; such as Quotations from artists against file sharing and also important statistics that informs the reader.

b)      Journalistic and writing skills – strengths and weaknesses

My writing was packed with information and quotes; my grammar was fairly decent, and I also used the correct terminology in my writing. I had a good journalistic approach towards my writing as I had things such as pull quotes to intrigue the reader. I also had strong statistics to back up one side of the argument. I lacked a few things like rhetorical questions, a capital letter etc.

c)      The InDesign skills you have learnt – Strengths and Weaknesses

I believe that I have grasped InDesign quickly and understood the way it works. I’ve learnt how to use many tools, like the text box for writing and my article. I’ve learnt how to use the rectangle frame tool for my pictures, rectangle tool and I have also learnt how to use colour for my background. However these are basic tools and there is more to find out.


d)      Web publishing skills – strengths and weaknesses


Web publishing is a great help and it saves large amounts of money and time. You could publish your globally in short spaces of time. Instead of printing hard copies people can purchase it via there smart phones and e-stores. You get constructive criticism feedback, via social network sites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. However many people do prefer having hard copies and reading the magazine physically.


e)      Audience feedback – how was this helpful?

This helped me identify what was good and bad about my article. I found out that my article had a good basic layout. I have good journalistic skills, however the colour background could be improved and I can reduce the gaps between paragraphs/columns. I could also add more facts and figures to my article.



f)       Set yourself four specific  targets for improvement based on the weaknesses identified

If I was to research again I would look around for some articles and analyse them. I would look at the layouts, the colour scheme and how they attract the reader.

I would concentrate on my journalistic skills and specific things like rhetorical questions and add more facts.

I would find better colours for my background, bigger attractive fonts and an image that merges into the background.

I will apply more advance InDesign skills to my article to give it that professional look and finishing touch.





No comments:

Post a Comment